Last year, I took the trip of a lifetime to Cape Town, South Africa. While there, I had that “ah ha” moment that helped me realize how fortunate I am. So when I was presented with the opportunity to travel to Kenya with Destination Teach to volunteer in a school, I dived in head first.
While in Kenya, I will assist the students at Arise N shine Academy via the Hope for the Child organization. In addition to volunteering, I’d like to provide the org with some financial support but I can’t do it alone!
Hope for the Child will enable orphans to become adults who are able to contribute to society and defeat poverty for generations to come. Through education and community leadership initiatives, we inspire children to realize their full potential in life. The aim of HFTC is to bring not only food and substance to the body, but to nurture the mind and soul through love, education, and parental guidance.
The students that we are fundraising for consist of children from various disadvantaged groups, including but not limited to, children from backgrounds of poverty, abuse and HIV/AIDS in the Kisumu area.
What your donations will go to:
1. Food for 120 children = $1000 per month
2. Books, pencils and learning materials = $100 per month
3. One teacher’s salary = $120 per month. We have 5 teachers.
4. One teacher’s training and development = $320 per year
5. One child’s uniform set, incl. shoes and socks = $70 per year
6. Sports equipment e.g. soccer balls = $200 per year
7. Sponsor a child’s needs = $360 per year
Join me in raising money that will support our youth across the globe.