Originally posted 6/29/2020
I remember before I embarked on my spiritual journey I scoffed at people who would refer to Mercury Retrograde as the source of their mishaps. I'd think, stop blaming your clumsiness or irresponsibilities on this random time period.
Man, the Universe definitely humbled me as I became more aware of cosmic energies. When Mercury Retrograde comes around, I strategically move things around in my life so that the time period can be as seamless as possible. In fact, I switched my podcast launch from June to July so that there were no unexpected issues.
Per Retrograde's usual shady self, communication and comprehension has been at an all time low. I've also endured some travel woes. My laptop and WiFi have been a complete mess. I have no choice but to thug it through the next 2 weeks.
Here's what you can expect for the remainder of Mercury Retrograde:
- Tech issues. Your phone will do the most. Your laptop may shut down in the middle of that article you've been working on. WiFi will be a joke. Your camera may not want to work correctly.
- Miscommunications. For some reason, you won't be able to clearly make your point without it being misinterpreted. Pick your battles and hope for the best. This retrograde is in Cancer, which is connected to house and family. Expect tension with family members or close friends.
- Traveling during COVID-19 is up for debate but if you find yourself on a plane, expect some delays. Or lost luggage.
- Scheduling interruptions. I've had to reschedule so many meeting within the past few days. These conflicts are at an all-time high.
Here are the positives of Mercury Retrograde:
- This is the perfect time to reconnect with an old friend or family member. You'll have the emotional intelligence to re-examine where you possibly went wrong in your relationship and move forward.
- Huge emphasis on forgiveness. Time to burry the hatchet. You don't want to carry around the extra weight of negative feelings anyway, right?
Navigating through life for the next two weeks may be annoying, but its also a great time to look inward. This period forces you to pay attention to detail and slow down a bit. Think of it as the Universe's way of testing your patience.